April 16, 2010

Wobble



While riding my bicycle one day… I felt a wobble…
I fumed a fount of expletives and invectives and blamed everything from God to groundhogs for my plight.
Fortunately, I knew a wise man with a wrench… and soon my bike was wobble free and fun again.
Mr. Bikewrench made me realize that it was actually some of the questionable decisions I had made that caused the problem.
I sheepishly admitted I had ignored some of the laws of God, namely gravity, and some of the laws of groundhogs, namely don’t hit their holes.
The resulting imbalance turned out to be my fault.

While riding my car one day… I felt a wobble…
I fumed a fount of expletives and invectives and blamed everything from God to the Highway Pothole Department.
Fortunately, I knew a wise man with a wrench… and several dollars later my car was wobble free and fun again.
Mr. Carwrench made me realize that it was actually some my own questionable decisions that had caused the problem.
I sheepishly admitted I had ignored some of the laws of God, namely inertia, and some of the laws of the Highway Department, namely don’t hit their holes.
The resulting imbalance turned out to be my fault.

It occurred to me that every time I felt a wobble… it signaled an imbalance… and was usually due to something I did wrong… or did not do right … or did not do at all. I’ve had to rescind all my curses because I have been the one causing the imbalance all along.

While riding my life one day… I felt a wobble…

By Grey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I wobble all the time; but we are only human and I think that is what us humans do a lot. Good piece, Grey!

Kathy