July 16, 2008

PERSIST



I awaken each day to a choice, which takes form with my focus and voice…
Surrounded by pleasure… and likewise, by pain… rewards beyond measure and challenges again…

Even though I would choose pleasure… neither can be ignored. Pain is opportunity to learn… Pleasure denotes reward.

“Damn the pain!”, I cry in vain… “What evil brings you here?”

“Like the tide, I abide,” it replied, “deep inside… I am yours, I am fear.”

The pain does subside… once the fear has died… and the energy of Healing manifests a better feeling.
Life can now be tasted while no energy is wasted on that which does not exist… again I learn, once more I grow… I persist.

There was the fear I would no longer be here… and all I hold dear would no longer be near…
But should I fear each tomorrow because some will hold sorrow… while the others are miraculous days?
Should I fear today because of what others might say?
Would I be what they wish?
Would I abandon my way?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Grey ......... I would be curious to know when it was written ............ LadyKatya

MoonStone said...

Hi LadyKatya,

Grey's file shows it was added to the archive on Feb. 10, 2007... He may have written it before then.

Thanks for the comment!
moon :)

Anonymous said...

once again you hit the soul,and once again i thank you for being the brother you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!